Thursday, July 16, 2009

Somehow I added then deleted a post to the 23 things wiki because it showed up in the history. It seems like a great way to get input from everyone in a group. I created a simple wiki to use with the media specialists for gathering ideas for the meetings. I would have preferred it be private, but that was only available for 30 days, then I assume there was a fee.
The blog is one person who initiates the content periodically and others respond to it, whereas the wiki is intended for many to contribute content. A blog might be more appropriate for a teacher presenting content, but use a wiki when the intent is that each student is going to present an idea or topic.

1 comment:

  1. Wikispaces is still giving away a free wikispace for K-12 educators. Go to this link (you may have to copy/paste in your URL bar):

    http://www.wikispaces.com/site/for/teachers

    Gives you enough space to store/share documents such as presentations, video, etc.

    ReplyDelete