It was difficult to get started because 23 Things seemed overwhelming. Once I got about half done, then I felt commited to finishing the entire list. It was a good opportunity for me to use some of the web tools that I had previously only heard about, but not used. Actually creating samples was important for me because that's how I learn best. The course was very well organized and easy to follow, had many examples,and links. Some of the things that I plan on using is a blog for teachers of new resources available from CEMaT, a wiki for the media specialists for planning agendas,bloglines for me personally for RSS feeds to keep informed.
I probably won't use Flikr because I already have a system and backup for my photos, and I don't think I'll be using Facebook and MySpace at this time.
We already use delicious, a blog for LMSA minutes,google docs for REMC meetings.
I need to spend some more time cleaning up my delicious folders, seeing if there are other widgets I want to use, and checking out any links that I may want to add to the LMSA delicious site. I will likely look at Teacher Tube, podcasts, and Slideshare more for using the resources than as a contributor.
Thanks for all of your hard work in putting this together, and I look forward to the next 24 Things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing in this journey. Don't forget to come back from time to time and comment on others' blogs to encourage them along the way as they continue through the 23 Things and to learn from other's posts.
ReplyDeleteIt was reassuring, reading through many of your blogs, to see that I'm not the only one who sometimes struggles with the technical aspects. It reminds me to be patient when I teach anyone else about these tools.
ReplyDelete